|Assistant Swim Team Coach|
|Downtown YMCA, Oakbrook YMCA, Offsite|
|9.35 to 14.00|
Job Application Deadline:
Under the general direction of the Aquatics Director and the Head Coach, the Assistant Coach is responsible for the providing direct leadership, instruction and motivation for swim team participants and is expected to attend all swim meets and team functions throughout the year and is also responsible for creating and maintaining a clean and safe environment for the swim team participants.
1. Assist Head coach in creating thorough, age-appropriate workouts focusing on technique, endurance, stroke development, drills, etc.;
2. Lead structured practices in weekday evenings in the fall and winter and in the mornings in the summer.
3. Help to record all work-outs and track daily attendance
4. Assist head coach with administrative matters relating to the team, swim meet arrangements and team performance as well as interaction with parents
5. Assist in coordinating and executing swim team competitions and meet registrations. Record times at swim meets
6. Attend all swim team events such as meets, meetings, social events, etc.
7. Engage parents and cultivate relationships to create a collaborative swim team environment
8. Assist in swim team social event planning, as necessary
9. Assist in maintaining a clean and safe environment for swim team participants;
10. Attend aquatics staff meetings/trainings
The Assistant Coach will be responsible for observing the following rules.
1. No Alcohol or drugs will be used on the job at any time.
2. Report all job accidents the same day the accident happens.
3. Obtain authorization from your supervisor for all non-emergency treatments for accidents.
4. Wear seat belts at all times in company vehicles
5. Keep the area where you work clean and neat at all times.
6. Do not remove or bypass any guards on any machinery at any time.
7. Ask you supervisor when you need additional equipment or instructions to get the job done safely.
8. Lift with your legs, not your back, and get assistance with loads over 50 pounds.
9. Advise your supervisor of any hazardous conditions.
10. Follow all other written and spoken safety rules.
A 30-day review will be conducted after the employee start date. The purpose of such an initial introductory period is to provide an opportunity for both Summerville Family YMCA and the new employee to assess their respective satisfaction and suitability to the job.
1. Current certification in lifeguarding, first air and safety, and CPR
2. Safety Training For Swim Coaches- You can register for the Safety Training for Swim Coaches online at www.americanredcross.org
3. YMCA Competitive Swimming & Diving- You will need to create an account on www.yexchange.org once you create an account, you will need to complete the YMCA competitive swimming& diving course. There are two parts to this course, the online portion and then completion of the workbook.
4. Past coaching/swim team experience
_x_ Walking _x_ Sitting _x_ Climbing _x_ Crouching
_x_ Stooping _x_ Standing _x_ Kneeling _x _ Swimming
_x_ Carrying (25lbs) _x_ Pushing _x_ Lifting (25lbs)