|Certified Personal Trainer (Afternoon, Evenings & Weekends)|
|Downtown YMCA, The Ponds YMCA|
|Starting at $8.36|
Job Application Deadline:
The position of Personal Trainer is a part-time position with responsibilities at the Wellness Center facility. Primary duties include, but are not limited to New Member Intakes, shift duties, and ensuring a clean and safe workout environment.
• Perform intakes, which include member Consent form, Health History Questionnaire and obtain physician clearance if necessary.
• Take blood pressure and resting heart rate of new members.
• Discuss available training programs.
• Schedule training appointment(s).
• Train members in appropriate use of machines and weights.
• Communicate effectively between members and Fitness Supervisor.
• Enforce management policies. I.e. cell phones, clothing, etc.
• Ensure the members are in a safe environment by continuously scanning the area and making necessary adjustments.
• Risk Management trained.
• Proper cleaning of equipment.
• Perform shift duties, such as: vacuuming and cleaning bottles and equipment.
• Collection of used linens, launder and take to appropriate areas.
• Respond to participant feedback and requests for information.
• Must work a minimum of 2 shifts per week in order to have personal training clients.
• Perform other related duties as assigned by Fitness Supervisor, Wellness Center Director, COO, or CEO.
• Set an example for the participants by displaying YMCA Core Values: For Youth Development, Healthy Living, and for Social Responsibility.
• Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with members, staff, and others contacted in the course of the work.
• Exercise good judgment, flexibility, creativity, and sensitivity in response to changing situations and needs.
• Communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in writing.
• Nationally accredited training certification, such as: ACE and/or AFAA, IFTA & NETA
• CPR/AED Certified (adult and child)
• On-line HIPAA training
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Bachelor of Science in a physical education field (in lieu of training certification).
Carrying _X_ Kneeling_X_ Pushing_X_ Sitting_X_
Climbing_X_ Lifting_X_ Running_X_ Stooping_X_
Crouching_X_ Pulling_X_ Standing_X_ Walking_X_