|Starting at $7.60|
Job Application Deadline:
The position of Gymnastics Instructor is a part-time position with responsibilities at the John Tupper Gymnastics Facility. Primary duty is, but not limited to, instructing recreational classes.
• Instruct recreational classes.
• Assist with special events: i.e. parent’s night out and birthday parties.
• Taking class attendance.
• Occasionally assist with accepting payments. (Cash/check/credit card)
• Lead stretches.
• Ensure proper techniques during stretches.
• Monitor gymnasts’ activities by walking the floor.
• Instruct groups in a creative manner by ensuring skill sets are met.
• Ensure that gymnasts’ are performing in a safe environment by continuously scanning the area and making necessary adjustments. I.e. moving mats and adjusting equipment.
• Effectively communicate in a timely manner with parents regarding students’ progress.
• Respond to participant feedback and requests for information.
• General cleaning duties as assigned. I.e. mopping, sweeping, vacuuming, etc.
• Thorough knowledge of Emergency Procedures, i.e. fire or inclement weather.
• Perform other related duties as assigned by Assistant Gymnastics Director, Gymnastics Director.
CPR/AED Certified (child and adult)
High School diploma or currently enrolled
• Instruct recreational gymnastics classes and events.
• Set an example for the participants by displaying YMCA Core Values: caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
• Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with members, staff, and others contacted in the course of the work.
• Exercise good judgment, flexibility, creativity, and sensitivity in response to changing situations and needs.
• Communicate clearly and concisely.
Ability to plan, lead and participate in a range of activities in a variety of indoor settings.
Carrying X Kneeling X Pushing X Sitting X
Climbing X Lifting X Running X Stooping X
Crouching X Pulling X Standing X Walking X