|Personal Trainer Assistant (Afternoons, Evenings & Weekends)|
|Downtown YMCA, The Ponds YMCA|
|Starting at $7.25|
Job Application Deadline:
The position of a Personal Trainer Assistant is a part-time position with responsibilities at the Wellness Center facility. Primary duties include, but are not limited to New Member Intakes, shift duties, and ensuring a clean and safe workout environment.
• Perform intakes, which include member Consent form, Health History Questionnaire and obtain physician clearance if necessary.
• Take blood pressure and resting heart rate of new members.
• Discuss available training programs.
• Schedule training appointment(s).
• Communicate effectively between members and Fitness Supervisor.
• Enforce management policies. i.e. cell phones, clothing, etc.
• Ensure the members are in a safe environment by continuously scanning the area and making necessary adjustments.
• Proper cleaning of equipment.
• Perform shift duties: vacuuming and cleaning bottles.
• Collection of used linens, launder and take to appropriate areas.
• Monitor locker rooms and workout rooms by walking building.
• Attention to Risk Management.
• Respond to participant feedback and requests for information.
• Perform other related duties as assigned by Fitness Coordinator.
• Set an example for the participants by displaying YMCA Core Values: caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
• Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with members, staff, and others contacted in the course of the work.
• Exercise good judgment, flexibility, creativity, and sensitivity in response to changing situations and needs.
• Communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in writing.
• CPR/AED Certified (adult and child)
• Basic knowledge of fitness components
• High School diploma or currently enrolled