Date: August 17, 2019
EVENT DETAILS & SCHEDULE
The Ponds Farmhouse
326 Hundred Oaks Parkway
7:30am Race Start Time
August 17, 2019
100m swim (2 laps in pool)
2.5 mile bike (1 time around course)
0.5 mile run
200m swim (4 laps in pool)
5 miles bike (2 times around course)
1 mile run
7/8 Boys & Girls, 9-10 Boys & Girls, 11-12 Boys & Girls, 13-14 Boys & Girls and Overall Boys & Girls.
- Race is limited to 250 participants
- No race day registration
- Online Registration ends August 15th
- In-House Registration open through packet pick up at 7pm on August 16th.
- Registration received/postmarked
- Early Bird: Now to June 30, $25
- Late Registration: July 1 to August 16, $35
- Ponds Residents: Ponds residents by June 30, $15; (In House Only)
Packet Pick-up: Friday, August 16, 5pm-7:30PM at The Ponds YMCA (101 Pottery Circle, Summerville SC 29483)
- Parents are not allowed in transition areas
- Shirts or one-piece swimsuit required
- No footwear in the pool
- No one may race shirtless
- Athletes will not be allowed to leave the bike corral without a helmet; Helmets are mandatory during the bike leg
- No bicycles with training wheels
- No headphones allowed
Practice Runs: TBD. This is for parents and children to see the course and ask questions. Located at The Ponds Farmhouse.
Refund Policy: The Youth Triathlon is held as a fundraiser for the Summerville Family YMCA. It is a rain or shine event, and no refunds will be given.
Race Day Parking: Parking will be extremely limited at the farmhouse; the Y will also be open for parking. As you enter The Ponds, you’ll see volunteers directing traffic at the roundabout. Enter the Y parking lot and you’ll be directed to a parking spot.
Train before the triathlon with the Y!
The YMCA Kids Triathlon Training program is an amazing opportunity for youth, ages 7 – 14, to train with seasoned triathletes and learn the fundamentals of racing in a triathlon. Training will take place from July 9 to August 1 on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5:00-6:00PM at the Oakbrook YMCA.